Friday, June 20, 2008

FRUGALITY R ME & YIPES STRIPES

I really am a penny pincher, so I guess it's no surprise to those who know me well, that I do not like to "waste" yarn. And I do like to try to get the most usage out of one ball or skein of yarn that I can.

So, I tend to use a lot of stripes in my patterns, because, of course, it's one of the best ways I know to "stretch" yarn. Right now I have two 44o yd skeins that are now appearing in their 4th pair of socks! That is a LOT of usage IMO. Two of the sock pairs have one or the other of the skeins used as the main color, and two of them have the colors used as background and stripe colors.

Not too bad for the money, these were not the least expensive skeins, so I have been really glad to get so much use and fun out of them. Somehow it does make knitting a lot more fun when you can do something like this. At least it does for me.

Huggles,

Vala

No comments: